A Law Firm Representing Bicycle Accident Victims in Miami
Free Case Evaluation -- CALL NOW!
We Are Miami Beach Bike Injury Attorneys
Miami Bike Crash Questions? Fill out the free case evaluator below:
Miami is known as the magic city. It is an international metropolis with a worldly flair. Each year, millions of tourists flock to Miami's beaches, renting both cars and bicycles. Unfortunately, Miami is still a car-addicted city. The City of Miami and Miami Beach have taken steps to become more bike friendly. As a Miami Bike Lawyer and as a amateur cyclist who regularly rides on the streets of Miami-Dade county, I can tell you that Miami is not always a safe cycling city. Miami experienced a rapid growth during the 1970s and 1980s, a time when development focused on the automobile. As a result, bicyclists in Miami were a mere afterthought. Miami also has thousands of bicycle rental locations, as well as car rental services. The result is unsafe cycling conditions throughout all of Miami-Dade County, which may lead to Miami bicycle crashes and accidents.
Miami Bike Crash: What Can I Do?
If you've suffered an injury following a bicycle accident in Miami, Miami Beach, Aventura, Coral Gables or South Beach, you are not alone. Miami-Dade County is Florida's deadliest county for bicyclists. The streets are crowded and many bicyclists have no bike lanes to use in Miami. Therefore, they are forced to ride on the road, which is legal, but not the safest way to bike in Miami. Miami bike accidents regularly result in wrongful death, head injuries and back and neck pain.If you've been hurt in a Miami bike crash, you need to consult with a local Miami-area attorney who regularly handles bicycle negligence cases. If you have more questions, please call Michael at 561-316-7207
5 Things To Do Following a Bike Accident in Miami
Miami Bike Crash Tips
Tired of the winter snow, you decide to take a vacation to somewhere warm and tropical. Miami seemed like the perfect mix of sun, sand and nightlife, so you buy your tickets. You find an online coupon for bike rentals in Miami, so you go for it. As you are cycling down Collins Avenue in Miami Beach, a distracted driver clips you with his car, creating a Miami Beach bicycle accident that you will not soon forget. As the car's side view mirror hits you, you tumble off your bike and land face first on the asphalt. Now what?
- Seek immediate medical attention. Miami may not be safe for cycling, but the city has world class hospitals. Go to one immediately, even if you think you are OK. When it comes to your health after a Miami bike crash, it is better to be safe than sorry. Get checked out right away.
- Take cell phone pictures of your wounds. You never know when a Miami bike crash may lead to a Miami bicycling accident lawsuit. As a result, you need to document your injuries. Bumps, cuts and bruises will heal, so make sure to take pictures of your wounds after your bike crash.
- Get the police involved. Again, even if you are not hurt, call 911 and get the Miami police on the scene. They will do a full write up of the bicycle accident and likely give you a Florida Bike Accident Driver Exchange Form, like the one pictured on the left. Make sure to keep the driver exchange form following your Miami bike crash, as this will allow you determine who the at-fault driver was that hit you.
- Take pictures of the bike involved in the crash. A driver usually takes photos of his car after a bike crash in an effort to show that it sustained little to no damage. As a bike injury lawyer, that is irrelevant to me. What matters is the condition of the bike involved in the accident. Make sure to take pictures of the bicycle involved in the wreck, especially if it is just a rental. You may need this as evidence later on in the case.
- Speak with a Miami Bike Crash Lawyer. As a Miami bike crash attorney, it is my job to help you pick up the pieces following a bicycle accident in Miami. If you have any questions about your potential bike crash case, please do not hesitate to contact me using the form below, or call me directly at 561-316-7207.
To learn more about our Miami bicycle accident law firm, who we are and why we care, click here.
Avoiding Miami Bike Crashes: Where to Safely Bike in Miami-Dade County
Many people visiting this site may have already been in a bike accident in Miami-Dade County. Fortunately, if you are just looking for a safe place to bicycle in Miami, there are countless bicycle only trails in South Florida. These bike trails provide exclusive bike lanes away from cars and trucks, allowing you to bike safely in Miami-Dade County. For a full map of Miami bike paths, visit the Miami-Dade website by clicking here.