Tampa Bike Accident Lawyer
CALL NOW: 561-316-7207
Tampa Bicycle Accident Lawyers: Do I have a Case?
Tampa is a vibrant city located on the west coast of Florida. Tampa is a major tourist destination, with annual visitors numbering in the millions. Tampa is known for sunshine, nightlife, Tampa Bay beaches, cigars and cruises out of Port Tampa Bay. Many visitors and locals enjoy the outdoors by bicycling around Tampa's streets and neighborhoods. Unfortunately, a sizable proportion of our Florida bicycle accident cases come out of the Tampa Bay area. As Tampa bike accident attorneys, we are ready and willing to take on the insurance company in order to maximize your settlement or verdict. To speak with a Tampa bicycle accident lawyer, call us at 561.316.7207, or fill out the contact form to the right.
Tampa Bay Bicycle Crash Attorney FAQ's
As attorneys who regularly handle Tampa area bicycle crashes, we commonly answer the following questions:
- I am not from Tampa, but I was injured in a Tampa bike crash. Do I need to have a Tampa bicycle accident lawyer file my lawsuit? Or can I use someone from my home state?
- Jurisdictionally, if the bike accident happened in Tampa, you will likely need a Florida bicycle accident lawyer handle your case.
- After my Tampa bike accident, I went to a local hospital and was discharged. Do I need to follow up with physical therapists and doctors?
- You should always follow your doctors orders. If you still have residual pain or discomfort, follow up with a physician. If your doctor orders you to physical therapy, you should complete the prescribed course of therapy. Following doctor's orders will help you in maximizing your Tampa bicycle crash lawsuit.
- The driver that hit me drove off after the crash. Can I still sue?
- Maybe. If you were injured by a hit and run driver, you may still have a claim against your uninsured motorist insurance carrier. The UM carrier will stand in the shoes of the at fault driver. In order to determine if you can make a UM claim, speak with a Tampa bicycle accident attorney to learn about your rights.
- How much is my Tampa bicycle personal injury case worth?
- This is a common question with a common answer: we don't know! Each Tampa bike injury case is different and each case has a different value. Ultimately, your case value will be determined on liability (who was at fault for causing the wreck) and damages (your medical treatment and injuries following the accident). For more information on evaluating your potential case, call a Tampa bike crash lawyer at 561-316-7207.
Common Locations for Tampa Bike Accidents
Where do Cyclists in Tampa Regularly get Hit by Cars?
The answers will likely not surprise you. Studies show that Tampa bike accidents with cars routinely occur in low income neighborhoods, on crowded commercial streets, on narrow bridges and near schools. 2012 was one of the deadliest years for Tampa cyclists, with 13 bike deaths recorded in Hillsborough County. That year, bicycle related fatalities were also up in neighboring Pasco County and Pinellas County too. So why the increase in Tampa bicycle injuries and deaths? "Part of the problem is that the road speeds are much too fast for sharing lanes [with bicycles]," stated the chairman of the Hillsborough County Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Jim Skirk. Many of Tampa's streets, such as Bayshore Blvd., now have a bike path. However, due to the amount of road debris, it becomes dangerous to use the bike path, so cyclists opt to ride on the road with automobile traffic. This also leads to Tampa bike riders being hit by cars. FDOT (the Florida Department of Transportation) is attempting raise bicycle safety awareness. Unfortunately, the Tampa bike injuries continue to stack up, despite governmental response to the problem.
USF Bike Accident Attorney
Helping Students at the University of South Florida Injured in Bike Accidents
The University of South Florida (USF) is a 50,000 strong university located off US 41 in Tampa, Florida. Many USF students navigate the campus and surrounding area by bicycle. Unfortunately, car drivers do not always responsibly share the road with cyclists, leading to Tampa bike accidents. If you were injured in a USF bike crash with a car, seek immediate medical attention. The closest hospitals to USF are the Shriners Hospital or the Moffitt Cancer Center. Once you have received urgent medical attention, follow up with a family doctor, specialist or someone at the University clinic. Recovering from a bicycle accident as a college student can be difficult. You will likely experience residual pain, missed classes, inconvenience and thousands in medical bills. If you did not cause the USF bike accident, you should not be saddled with these damages. Speak with a University of South Florida area bicycle accident lawyer to learn about your rights in recovering pain and suffering damages. Fill out the free case evaluator below to speak with a USF bike accident attorney soon.